Tuesday, May 1, 2012

In Your Dreams, Pal!

 I hold a deep curiosity for dreams and a great desire to learn how to use them in my waking life in order to guide me to be the best that I can be in all that I Am and in all that I am to become.

I have known for ages that dreams are paramount. I’ve realized the importance of dreams since I was a child. As a matter of fact, I recently came across an old tape on which I had recorded diary entries, and on that tape, I mentioned my dreams! This was astonishing as I listened to my ten-year-old-self report on dreams, as I hadn’t realized that this innate knowing traced back so far. I remember telling people in high school how I wanted to do a dream study, and how I thought that it would change the world! The tricky part is getting people to commit. And before people will commit to such a study or activity, I’d think they’d also have to believe information found within dreams is vital. But even for people who already hold this belief, it takes dogged commitment to log your dreams upon waking, on a regular basis. But I believe that anyone who does so will find tremendous growth within them, and discover answers they’ve longed for, or perhaps even answers regarding things they didn’t even know they had questions about!

Dreams were how E=mc2 was discovered. Dreams are the reason Frankenstein came into existence (well, the book, anyway). Dreams explain the invention of the sewing machine needle. Dreams have guided generals in wars as well as artists (ohhh Dali!) and visionaries such as Ghandi. Think about biblical figures and how they used dreams for guidance. What about Mark Twain? Yep, dreams played a part there, too. Think about Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad…she was so successful because she listened to her dreams.

Why would we deny ourselves of such greatness? Why would we suppress conscious evolution when we could choose to assist in human evolution by listening to that part of ourselves that only knows Truth: our Higher Self? Of course we don’t want to decline this guidance, but we are still so in the dark about so much. Too often, we don’t pay attention to the signs we receive in order to advance along the path of our soul’s purpose. And I feel that if too many of us refuse this aid, we are only suffocating ourselves and causing our collective consciousness to be stagnant. (And you remember how I feel about stagnancy, right?!)

The next time someone says to you, “…in your dreams!” I suggest taking it as a compliment, as that is where your power truly lies.




No comments:

Post a Comment