Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The I LOVE Project: Straight Park Jobs

I can’t, to save my life, park my semi-new car straight on the first try. I don’t get it. I have never had this problem.  I’ve had the car since the day after Christmas 2011, and I still can’t park it worth a hoot.  There are times when I get back to my car and actually say aloud, “Wow. Nice park job there, Cate…” because it is so pitiful. I think I actually hope people around me hear me say it so they know I acknowledge this fault I’ve developed after driving for…how many years?
I will say that, when my husband and I were downtown a couple weeks ago for an art fest, I was driving, and the first available spot was one in which I needed to parallel. I was nervous about it, as I had to park quickly due to cars approaching me from behind. But by golly if I didn’t get ‘er square-on, the first try! It was perfect! I should have taken a photo! My husband even complimented me on it!
That was pretty much the only time I succeeded in parking my car straight.
*sigh*
 I’ll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment