Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The I LOVE Project: Red Velvet Cake

First of all, I'd like to throw out there how glad I am that I decided to publicize things I love on a daily basis. I try to give thanks for things on a daily basis, but planning for a blog post makes me even more conscious of the act. All day today, I bounced back and forth from one thing to another, wondering which would make the headlines. *drum roll*... For today's daily dose of gratitude, hands-down, Red Velvet Cake takes the cake! (No pun initially intended!)

Last night, I had to run to the store to get a few items for a cookie bouquet class I'm taking, and as I was walking to the check-out line, I passed a table that was advertising huge pieces of cake for $1. Lo and behold, red velvet with cream cheese icing was one of the selections -- my fav! (The only thing that would have made it better would have been if it were the kind that had chocolate chips mixed in!)

Of course I had to eat 1/2 of it last night as soon as I got home, and no joke, my mouth was literally watering as I opened it. It was so moist and the icing was perfect.

Walking from the car to the apartment this afternoon, I still hadn't decided which of the many things I'd pondered would be my one thing to write that I love, but when I saw the cake sitting on the counter, I had my answer! Because I truly do, in fact, LOVE red velvet cake! And yes, I devoured it just before writing this post, and yes, I actually closed my eyes and put my hands in prayer position at my chest and gave thanks as I was swallowing the last bite. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment