Monday, May 14, 2012

The I LOVE Project: Snail Mail

Internet is great and all, and yes, it appeases our need for immediate gratification, and it does serve its purpose, but there’s nothing like a good, old-fashioned letter or package that you can physically hold onto. It’s not often that I open my mailbox to find something that doesn’t make me groan or roll my eyes, so that makes it all the more special when I do. I love receiving things in my mailbox from people I care about and with whom the feelings are reciprocated, and it really is nice to be on the receiving end of thoughtful gestures. Lately, I’ve been getting lots of graduation invites, which is, in its own fashion, just another form of solicitation, but at least it’s from people I’ve actually encountered and know.  I’d rather it be them beseeching than AT&T or Visa; in the former, at least I have actually heard words out of the mouth of the person who licked the stamp, aye?

No comments:

Post a Comment