Monday, April 30, 2012

The I LOVE Project


One thing I think is of utmost importance is gratitude. When I go through phases in my life where thankfulness is at the forefront of my mind, not only do I notice that I feel a lot better, but I have also recognized the fact that things fall into place a lot more, and that they go much more smoothly during those times.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that it often takes some type of downfall for me to realize what I have to be thankful for. But these days, I attempt to be more proactive, and to acknowledge all of the beautiful gifts this life provides me. (They truly are countless!) Have you ever had such an overwhelming sense of gratitude that you could feel its bubbly presence in your gut? Or maybe it made a tear sneak up on you? It’s really quite an amazing feeling. Oftentimes, I get that feeling when I am outside; sometimes in the early morning, just before leaving for work, when the sun isn’t quite up yet and the only sounds are ones Nature creates, when Prana fills my lungs to the brim. Other times, in the evenings, especially lately, I get the same feeling when the sky is clear and the stars and moon and planets are bursting through the black curtain of Night. Nature is amazing.

I want to make a point to be truly grateful for things daily, and each day, I want to post one thing that I truly love; hence THE I LOVE PROJECT. I would love for you to be a part of this with me, and to visit this site and also post one thing a day that you truly love, so we can pool our gratitude together. (I bet we will see amazing results!) Or maybe you’d rather write it in a private journal or on your PC or phone. Either way, I feel that writing it down sets into motion the wheels of good things to come: the more gratitude you show, the more you will have to be grateful for! Try it!

So, here goes #1, for me:

I love…stepping out of a hot shower and opening the linen closet and feeling the cool air contrast with my warm skin. Alongside that, I love lying on the cool sheets of a freshly-made bed after getting out of a hot shower; it’s one of the most relaxing things I’ve experienced. This provides for me a state of relaxation, a break from the chaotic rat race, a perfect, momentary balance in life. I love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment